Roof Survey and Documentation
- Review any available construction drawings for the buildings. Prepare a Roof Plan Layout for each roof area to be surveyed.
- Research any warranty and other pertinent information available pertaining to the existing roof systems.
- Meet with building personnel to identify roof leak problems.
- Perform a thorough visual inspection of the field of roofs, flashings and all roof related sheet metal work. Note and document existing roof conditions.
- Core the existing roofs as required to verify the composition of the existing roof system and roof deck substrate. Have samplings of the existing built-up roofing materials laboratory tested to determine their asbestos content.
- Document any existing conditions above the roof lines which may affect the waterproof integrity of the building
Roof Inspection/Evaluation Documentation:
Prepare and maintain the following information for each building surveyed:
(1) A Roof Plan Drawing showing roof area
designations, and (2) A database format, compatible with the Facilities Engineering Departmentís existing data program listing the following information:
- Building number/roof area designation
- Approximate square footage
- Roof type
- Roofing material manufacturer
- Roof warranty number
- Warranty expiration date
- Installation year
- Existing roof condition
- Recommended action to be taken
- Estimated roof repair cost
- Projected roof replacement year
- Estimated roof replacement cost